Monday, January 11, 2010

13 Reasons Why

I just finished reading an amazing book called 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher.  It was an incredible powerful book that you cannot put down.  I finished the book in 1 day, staying up till 1a.m. in the morning eventhough I had a full day ahead of me.  Why couldn't I put it down?  It is about a girl who has committed suicide.  We learn her story through the audiotapes that she has left behind.  She has mailed the tapes to one person to listen to and in turn they must mail the tapes to the next person the list.  There are 13 people on her list ... all playing a part in her suicide. 

The book is thought provoking and has lots of discusion potential.  I am still thinking about the book ( I read it last week).  This is Mr. Asher first foray into writing and he has done a supberb job. 

No comments: