Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pizza Storytime

Almost everyone loves pizza so why not do a storytime on pizza! You can get really creative with your craft as well.


Books:

Dragon pizzeria by Mary Morgan

"Hi, pizza man!" by Virginia Walter

How pizza came to our town by Dayal Kaur Khalsa

The Little Red Hen makes a pizza retold by Philemon Sturges

Pete's a pizza by William Steig

Songs:

Pizza Round - By Cherry Carl

(Sung to: Row Your Boat)

Roll, roll, roll the dough.

Toss it in the air!

Pepperoni, cheese and sauce,

There’s enough to share!



I Wish I Were a Pepperoni Pizza

I wish I were a (Type) pizza,

That is what I'd truly like to be

For if I were a (Type) pizza,

Everyone would be in love with me.

Craft:

Paper Pizza:    http://www.makingfriends.com/preschool/paper_pizza.htm


Pizza and Pasta:   http://www.firstpalette.com/Craft_themes/Food/Pizza_and_Pasta/Pizza_and_Pasta.html


Another Pizza Craft:

Make cardboard pizzas - the sky's the limit on decoration. Cut out photos and make a collage or make your own "toppings" out of decorated paper. Make a pizza-puzzle where the slices are cut out and rearranged to form a picture. Make your own pizza boxes too after dissecting one to see how they are cut and folded.

No comments: