Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reading Resolutions for 2011

I do not generally make any sort of resolutions but this year I wanted to motivate myself to read books that have been piling up on my bedside table. I also wanted to venture back into reading books outside the Children's Department. So, here I am publicly declaring that I will clear all the books (and by that I mean read them, not put them away) piled up on my table. I also plan on reading 1 adult fiction book a month. So far, I have that one covered. I read Room by Emma Donoghue at the beginning of January. What a fantastic but horribly tragic book. If you have not read it, I highly recommend it! I also cleared off 2 books from my table - The House of Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (which I did not like so did not venture past page 50) and I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak (absolutely incredible read).




Wish me luck!

No comments: